8.03.2008

Taking back the living room...

Since our basement has been sitting empty, and we are FINALLY getting the flooding under control, we decided that it was time to take back our living room. Things were getting a little crowded up there with baby stuff. Anyway, there is lots of work to do to getting it up to my standards, but in the meantime, it's a good area for us to hang out with Finn.

Ok, so the futton is about 8 years old (i had it in college, believe it or not), and it is covered in a lovely floral comforter. I'm working on looking for something a little more stylish and maybe a coffee table as well.

Yes, there are still boxes everywhere (even though in September we'll have lived here a year). Like I said, it's been pretty empty down here for a while. I'd like to get a cute little kids table and chairs to put in the back and we're going to paint the wall with chalkboard paint so that Finn can doodle all over it.

I'm working on the desk area. We've been pretty lazy with the computer. The laptop just sits in the living room and we use it on the couch, so I'm working on ideas for this area. I'm also going to get some shelving units with cubbies to store all of the stuff. These folding tables are pretty ghetto, but serve the purpose at the moment.

As you can see, there is loads of work to be done, which is probably why we waited so long to tackle it. And, I feel like I'm still working on the rest of the house! But, this little guy seems happy to have more space.

There's great area for him to work on his crawling...he's not quite got it yet, but he's working pretty hard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your basement is the perfect place for Finns playroom-I can picture it now with toys from one end to the other. The chalkboard paint sounds like a great idea. You just know Finn will be creative with you and David as his parents! I can't wait to see it .Hoping to come out for a long weekend in Sept. maybe. Pictures are great but a babushka must hold her grandson!